04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

In the Beginning!

So, this is my first blog. My good friend Ken, who has recently moved to NYC started his own a month ago, y'all should check it out! kenvsthecity.blogspot.com Ken has a wonderful gift, he can write about anything and make it interesting! Well, anyway Ken has inspired me to write about my thoughts, and it could become a tool for the most wonderful and amazing person alive today, My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
I think for this first one I will start with my testimony.
I was born and raised in New London, WI. It is about 20 min north west of Appleton and about 40 south west of Green Bay. My parents Thomas H. Blissett and Patricia A. Blissett brought me up in the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synode. As a teen I had a very strong mental knowledge of the Christian Faith, but that is all that it was, knowledge. I was not "walking the walk" so to speak. In High School I was a good student and was involved in many extra-coricular activities including; Band, Jazz Band, Pep Band, Choir, Show Choir (singing and dancing), School Musicals (Arvide Aderly in Guys and Dolls, The Captian in Show Boat, and the Lion in The Wizard of Oz), I was also the #1 on the Male Tennis Team as a Sophomore (the team was cut after that year). My mother, sister, a few friends, and I also started a wonderful musical group at our church that expanded into many things including; Choir, Brass Band, and Bell Choir. After High School I went to the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point (UWSP). I chose Music Performance as a Major and did extreemly well. I made concert choir as a freshman and that same year was selected to be the understudy for Figaro in The Marriage of Figaro, a role that I never got to perform, however I did play one night as Antonio which was a lot of fun! Halfway through the next year I gave my life to Jesus Christ. Even though I had seen sucsess in life, I just knew that there was something I was missing! At this point I was a Community Advisor, and one of my residents came up to me the very next day and invited me to a Bible Study, which I promtly turn Him down. But God was not giving up on me so easily. A few days later another friend invited me to the same Bible Study, again I promptly turned Him down. It wasn't untill 3 months later that I finally accepted an invetation to the Bible Study. That summer I worked at a Christian Camp and learned a lot about the very personal relation ship that I could have with Jesus. I went back to school and met a man who works for Campus Crusade for Christ named Glen. He has tought me a lot about God and just exactly what it means to be a Christian, a Follower of Christ! Thanks Glen! Glen became my discipler and also a roomie! That year I went to TCX (Twin Cities Experiance) a Christmas conferance in Minniapolis! It was amazing! After that I got involved with leadership on my campus and was involved in leading Bible Studies and different teams with Campus Crusade for Christ.
Part-way through my Senior year I got a job as a Youth Minister a Church in Rothschild, which is near Wausau, WI. I worked their to develope a youth program for about 9 months, when they couldn't afford to have that position any longer. Then I got a job as a salesman with SprintPCS in Stevens Point. This was a wonderful job, but very difficult to not compromise my beliefs. I was transfered to the Wausau store and worked at Sprint for a total of 6 months. I left to go back to school full-time and to go on staff with Campus Crusade. I did not end up graduating that year (even though I did walk the stage). I went back to work at Sprint as a salesman and have switched to the inventory side since. This past year has been a tremendous boost for my faith. I have had to depend upon God more than I can ever remember! I am now involve with a Bible Study based out of Woodlands Ev. Free Church in Plover (just south of Stevens Point) and a good friend that I met at that study Matt Hebbe and I lead a mens group that is based out of that study.
That pretty much is right up untill now! This is just the tip of the iceberg and I could have expand this, but that might take all night! I just thank God for bringing me into His family and I am happy that I can serve Him in any way!
If you have any questions about why I believe that Jesus Christ is God and Lord over everthing, I would be more than happy to answer! Also some wonderful resources; walkintheword.com, everystudentschoice.com, and christianitytoday.com.
Always <>< and Forever!
God Bless
David Blissett

1 Comments:

Blogger risen_soul said...

Great testimony! I would have read it along time ago, but I didn't know it was on here. I'm glad God called you into His family, and I'm glad that you are my brother in Christ. I like being in a large family!

God bless!

Wed Dec 21, 08:49:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|