04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Reality #6 Part 5 More on the Cost and Blessings of Obedience

Disobedience is Costly
Disobedience, is never taken lightly by God. Jonah's disobedience almost cost him his life. Moses' murder of the Egyptian cost him forty years in the wilderness. David's sin with Bathsheba cost the life of his son. Paul's early ministry was greatly hindered because of his disobedience. Many people were afraid to get near him because of his reputation as a persecutor of Christians. God is interested in developing your character. At times He lets you proceed in your disobedience, but He will never let you go too far without discipline to bring you back. In your relationship with God, He may let you make a wrong decision. Then the Spirit of God causes you to recognize that it is not God's will. He guides you back to the right path. He will clarify what He wants. He may even take the circumstance of your disobedience and work that together for good (Romans 8:28) as He corrects you and teaches you His ways. Even though God forgives and often gives second chances, you must not take disobedience lightly. Sometimes He does not give a second chance. Aaron's two sons, Nadab and Abihu, were disobedient in offering unholy incense to the Lord; and God struck them dead (Leviticus 10). Moses stole God's glory in front of all Israel and struck the rock saying, "Hear now, you rebels! Must we bring water for you out of this rock?" (Numbers 20:10). Notice the word "we." God was the One who would bring water from the rock. Moses took God's glory, and God refused to take away the consequences of that disobedience. He refused to allow Moses to go with Israel into the Promised Land. With that experience God gave no second chance to get it right.

Obedience Provides Future Blessing
Although obedience is costly, it is always worth the cost. In fact whenever you are tempted to consider the cost too high, you need to consider what it will cost you not to do the will of God. That cost is even greater.
When you obey, God will accomplish what He purposed, and you will be overwhelmed with the experience of God's power and presence. You and those around you will come to a greater knowledge of God through the experience.

My Lord Jesus Christ,
You paid such a price for my sin. How can I refuse to pay any price You ask in obedience to You? I surrender myself now to total obedience to whatever You ask of me. Show me where You are at work. Give me faith to trust that what You have shown me is true. Teach me to pray every situation through until You accomplish what You have shown me You would accomplish in the situation. Teach me to trust my family to Your loving care. I know You in a personal love relationship. I believe every word You give me and trust You to bring each work You show me to completion. I will obey You and join You in that work. In so doing, I will encounter and experience You. Give me faith and courage to pay the cost in every area of my life to obey You fully.
In Jesus Holy and Precious name,
Amen.

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|