04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Be Thankful

Philippians 4:4-7
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Supplication:
1. To ask for humbly or earnestly, as by praying.
2. To make a humble entreaty to; beseech.
3. To make a humble, earnest petition; beg.

What do we have to be Thankful of or for?

Well, a few posts back is a series about the "5 Surprises you will Discover in Heaven!"
Are you reading this? Then you can be Thankful that you have breath and are alive!
There is always good in every bad situation...you just need to look for it and focus on it!

I know I have posted on this before, but it is to good not to come back to!
Psalm 23
The LORD Is My Shepherd
A Psalm of David.
"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.
He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever."

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the context of this Psalm is that David wrote it while He was being hunted down by His...Son! Absolom!
The fear comes out in Vs. 4 "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death."

But let's take a look at the many, many things that David was Thankful for in this time!
I count 13!

Vs. 1
1. The Lord is my Shepherd! He watches over us and protects us...Check out Isaiah 43 and John 10.
2. We lack no good thing! I shall not want...He is my "All in All"!

Vs. 2
3. He makes us rest...for our souls! When we rest, God restores our souls!
4. He leads us! We are not on our own in this life!

Vs. 3
5. He Restores our souls!
6. He guides us through life!

Vs. 4
7. He stays with us in Scary times! Through the valley of the Shadow of Death!
8. He protects us from danger (enemies)! With His rod and staff!

Vs. 5
9. He feeds us well! That would be an understatement!
10. He anoints us with Healing Love!
11. He fills us to overflow!

Vs. 6
12. He pursues us with his goodness and mercy!
13. He invites us to live with Him forever!

I will expand on these in the following days and weeks!

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|