04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Narnia, not just a kids book!

So last night I was reading in Romans. I came across this wonderful passage, Romans 7:13-20, "Did that which is good, then, bring death to me? By no means! It was sin, producing death in me through what is good, in order that sin might be shown to be sin, and through the commandment might become sinful beyond measure. Fore we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, IN MY FLESH. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.
This is so very liberating, I am not a slave to sin! I am a new man or as Switchfoot puts it, "I am the second man now." Christ has bought me with His precious blood. My heart is pure. God has made His dwelling place there, it is the Holy of Holies!
So then the question arises, "If my heart is pure, why do I still sin?"
Well, this is the very question Paul was addressing above! The two bold lines above give the answer to this question! Nothing good is in my flesh, and that is where the sin dwells. My body therefore is a war zone! A spiritual war is being waged on the battle field of my body. 24/7 this battle is raging on. This reminds me of a childrens story I once read!
The Chronicles of Narnia! C.S. Lewis
I don't remember which book it was or what the characters names were, but here is what I remember!
The prince of Narnia was kidnapped by a witch who lived underground. She put this prince under a spell that made him believe that he was her grateful slave, and he was allowed to wander around her underground kingdom. However there was one hour everyday that the spell would where off, but then the witch would have the prince chained to a chair so that he couldn't move.
Do you see it in there! When we sin, we sort of forget who we are. We forget that we are the Children of God, we are the Sons and Daughters of the King of Kings! We wonder around in darkness. Even though we are still pure! The prince didn't loose his identity as the prince, and we certainly don't loose our inheritance into the Kingdom of Heaven!
So we need to see sin for what it really is, SIN, detestable in the eyes of the Lord! We need to strap on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18) and prepare for War! When we see sin or even the thought of sin, we must take it captive and bring it before the judge, Jesus Christ! We must fight! One of the greatest lies I see in the world today is that the powers of darkness don't exist. We are on the battle field, and there is a battle going on all around us. If we don't fight we will be cut down, but, If we do fight, we can't loose. We have the greatest General ever, we have the greatest warrior fighting on our side, we have Jesus Christ! So, fight the good Fight!
I hope to see you fighting by my side!
A proud warrior of the King of Kings!
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|