04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Doing God's Will

John 4:34
"Jesus said to them, 'My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work.'"

This is a tough thing to do! After all, what is God's will? Who can know exactly what God's plan is?

Is there a difference between asking,

1. "What is God's will for my life?"

2. "What is God's will?"

The first question is actually self-centered! The second question, focuses on God and His will alone!

Once I know God's will, then I can adjust my life to Him and His purposes!

How do I start? How can I know God's will?

Don't just do something!
Many times people get excited about doing God's will! They get the "Don't just stand there; do something" mentality. However, I don't believe that this is the best way to approach God's will.
Sometimes we get so busy doing things we think will help God accomplish His purpose that He can't get our attention long enough to use us as servants (topic of tomorrows post) to accomplish what He wants. We wear ourselves out and get very little done that is of value to the kingdom.

"I think God is crying out and shouting to us, 'Don't just do something. Stand there! Enter into a love relationship with Me. Get to know Me. Adjust your life to Me. Let Me Love you and reveal Myself to you as I work through you.'" Henry T. Blackaby

A time will come when God calls us to do His work, but we must not skip the relationship, the relationship must always come first! Then out of that relationship, comes forth good works prepared for us in advance to do.

John 15:5
"I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

We must not try and do God's work, for we will only tire ourselves out. Rather, we should yoke ourselves to Christ, and He will work through us to accomplish His Will!

God will never give us an assignment that He will not, at the same time, enable us to complete! God gives us wonderful Spiritual Gifts that empower us supernaturally to accomplish the assignments God gives us!
We must not however focus on our own talents and abilities and interests in determining God's will, we must become God-centered! We must be able to say, "Lord, where you lead me, I will follow. I will do what you ask of me, and go where ever you ask me to go!"

Jesus is the Answer! He is our Map to knowing God's Will!
God doesn't give us a detailed "Road Map" of His will! That is why He wants us to be in relationship with Him. He reveals His will as we walk and talk with Him.

Jesus said in John 14:6
"I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

He didn't say; "I will show you the way."
Or; "I will give you a road map."
Or; I will tell you which direction to head."
He said; "I AM THE WAY!"

The Point:
If we are in a close relationship with God and are able to say, "Where you lead me Lord, I will follow." Then we are in God's will!

God seldom gives extensive details!
Abram (Genesis 12:1-5), God says, "Get out of your country, from your family and from your father's house, to a land that I will show you."

Moses (Exodus), He got a little more detail, but still had to remain close to God for Daily Guidance.

Peter, Andrew, James, and John (Matthew 4:18-20, 21-22), Jesus says, "Come and Follow Me."
Matthew (Matthew 9:9) Same thing!
Paul (Acts 9:1-20) Same thing! "Come and Follow Me!"

What is God's will?
Matthew 6:33-34
"But seek first the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

"God is far more interested in a love relationship with you than He is in what you can do for Him. His desire is for you to love Him. As He fills you with His presence, He will guide you to do things. But even as you do those things, He will be the One at work through you to accomplish His purposes. He is all you need. The Christ in you is your way. He is your 'Map.' When you follow His leadership one day at a time, you will always be right in the middle of God's will for your life." Henry T. Blackaby

Father, draw me closer to You each day! Where you lead me Lord, I will Follow!"

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|