04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Monday, August 08, 2005

Reality #1 God is at work around us

John 5:17-20
"But Jesus answered them, 'My Father is working until now, and I am working.'

Jesus Is Equal with God
This was why the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

The Authority of the Son
So Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. For the Father loves the Son and shows him all that he himself is doing. And greater works than these will he show him, so that you may marvel.'"

In doing God's will, we must first understand that God is already at work around us, He has always been at work. Jesus example above is what we should follow. We cannot do anything with out Christ just as He couldn't do anything apart from the Father.

God has chosen to involve us in His work.
Jesus understood that His Father was always at work! He didn't create everything and then just leave it on it's own, God is orchestrating History! God is the One who is at work redeeming a lost world, and He desires to involve His people and His servants.

2 Corinthians 5:17-20
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God."

Jesus' Example
1. The Father has been working right up until now.
2. Now the Father has Me working.
3. I do nothing on My own initiative.
4. I watch to see what the Father is doing.
5. I do what I see the Father already is doing.
6. You see, the Father loves Me.
7. He shows Me everything that He, Himself, is doing.

John 7:16
"So Jesus answered them, 'My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me.'"

John 8:28
"So Jesus said to them, 'When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me.'"

John 10:37-38
"If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father."

John 12:49
"For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment--what to say and what to speak."

John 14:10
"Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works."

John 17:8
"For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me."

God the Father did His work through Jesus His Son.
Acts 2:22
"Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a man attested to you by God with mighty works and wonders and signs that God did through him in your midst, as you yourselves know"

Jesus realized that He could do nothing by Himself, but with the Father at work in Him He could do anything.
If Jesus was that dependent on the Father, then why are not not all the more dependent on Him to work in and through us?
This is an invitation to an intimate love relationship between us and the Creator. Once we have that relationship, He will show us what He is doing! Our Job as a follower of Christ is to do what the Father is already doing, to watch and see where God is at work and then join with Him.

CAUTION: WE MUST NOT BYPASS THE LOVE RELATIONSHIP!!!!
We are a doing, people. We always have to be doing something. However, we must not bypass our relationship with God in our zeal, our eagerness to serve Him. Our Relationship with God is far more important to Him that what we do.
When the Love Relationship is right, God will be free to begin giving you assignments at His initiative.

Once our Love Relationship with God is right, God will show us where He is working. Then we must join with Him in His work. Then He will equip us to do His work!

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|