04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Friday, February 25, 2005

Do we know who we Truly are?

I don't want this to sound insensitive, but do we really know the answer to this question? Yes I know my name and where I was born and my parents, but who was I born to be?
I just love the movie Gladiator, I love it for one reason, then main character knows exactly who he is! I am just going to paraphrase this scene for you. Caesar comes down to meet him and asks for his name, to which he replies, "I am Gladiator." He then turns his back and walks away. To this the Caesar yells, "Who are you to turn you back to me slave!?" The man turns, removing his masking helmet and says, "I am Maximus Desimus Meridius, Leader of the armies of the North, Commander of the Felix legions, Servant of the true Caesar Marcus Orilius! Father to a murdered son, Husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next!"
WOAH! This guy know exactly who he is and what his mission is!
So I ask again, "Do you, YOU, know who YOU are?" "Who are YOU?"
I have just recently found out who I was created to be and it is one of the best feelings in the world! I was created for a purpose, just as Maximus had a purpose. And we need to all find out what our purpose in life is! And this purpose cannot be known, until you know who you are.
I am a Child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, I am an heir to the Thrown of Heaven through the Grace and Power of Jesus Christ my Savior! Can you say that about yourself? If you can wonderful, if not, please, please consider looking into just who Jesus Christ is, if you need some help, let me know!
Through this knowledge I have also come to know what truly makes me come alive, I mean doing something that is so much fun that I don't ever want to stop, it just keeps on giving me energy. This, for me, is talking with people about who God is and what He says in His Word, the Bible! I love mentoring people on this subject and I love meeting with other men to find out how God has created us and what He has created us to be and do!
I now know my mission in life! I don't know how to get there, but that is the Adventure that is life. I am excited to jump on the path and start walking, jogging, running, what ever it takes. But I know my mission in life, to Glorify Jesus Christ through helping others come to know who they are and what God has to say in His Word!
My prayer is that this could help even one person to find out who they are and what God is calling them to be and do!
If you read this please let me know how or if it affected you.
Peace and Love through Jesus Christ our Lord, who Lives Yes He Lives and Reigns Forever. Amen!
His Humble servant,
David J. Blissett

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

Bravissimo. Well said. But one problem.

I've said I know all that stuff before, but I've just as often been wrong. I can say "I'm so-and-so, commander of whatnot and I'll have my whatever in this life or the next," but that doesn't make it true.

I think a lot of people think they know who they are but they really don't. It's not that Maximus said he was this person with this purpose, but that he was right and what he said was actually true. (in a fictional sense of course)

Fri Feb 25, 02:26:00 PM PST  
Blogger Mark 1:17 said...

Very true, very true!

The key here is that in Christ we know exactly who we are! He tells us who we are and what He has in store for us to become. And it is only through Christ that we can know 100%!
I am a child of the King of Kings.
My purpose is to glorify Him in what ever I do!
As long as these two things are central in the way that I live, I will lead a full life!

Tue Mar 01, 02:55:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|