1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.
3. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.
4. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
5. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
often Faith Christianity.
4. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith. (I don't like this one, you can have faith in a system, but the system itself isn't faith)
6. A set of principles or beliefs.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."
There are those that would call themselves Christians because they go to a Christian Church, they pray, they are nice people. But if that is all it is, doing things that are considered Christian, this is Religion.
The Christian Faith however is more than just doing things that look or sound Christian. It is having a Relationship with Jesus Christ. Loving the Creator of the Universe, the Lover of our Souls!
Romans 3:10,23 "There is no one righteous, not even one;.....for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Romans 10:8-9 "But what does it say? 'The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with you mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him (Christ) from the dead, you will be saved.'"
How can a person say and believe this in their heart, without having a personal relationship, without loving Jesus Christ. It is impossible, it cannot be done.
Religion is a set of Rules to be followed and things to be done so that we can gain entrance into heaven/eternal life. Look at every major religion....you have to do things to earn your salvation.
True Christianity is not a religion. It is a relationship with Jesus Christ. Yes, He has commanded things of His followers, but His followers do these things out of Love and Respect for their Lord and Savior. Jesus would love them just the same if they didn't follow all the commands. Also as stated above, there is no one who can keep the commands...."All have sinned." But it is Love and Faith (Trust) that what Jesus did on the cross (dying for the sins of everyone), and rising again 3 days later was for us. And this trust in Jesus is credited to us as righteousness. We choose to accept the free gift by following Christ or we choose to reject the gift and try to earn our way into heaven (religion).
Faith is hard, religion is easy. But what are the best things in this world? Are they not the things worth fighting for? Relationships are hard because we must fight through differences, but the rewards from relationships far outweigh the injuries from the fight.
Fight for your Relationship with Christ, Fight for your Faith!