04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Power of Prayer

I have always heard that pray is powerful, but I had never really experienced it, that is until recently!
I have been a constant pray'er, I pray while I walk down the street, before I eat, when I'm in the car. Yet I had never really seen the prayers get answered. So I just kept prayin' and prayin'!
This past weekend, a buddy of mine held a prayer party and asked me to do some worship music at it. There were only 3 of us there, but it was the best time and most refreshing time of prayer that I have ever experienced! We prayed and sang for 3 1/2 hours before we ran out of things to pray, we could have kept going (well at least I could have!)
Through this time of prayer God has totally been faithful, drawing me closer to Himself and conforming me more and more into the "Image of God" that humanity was originally created in.
What I have learned is that constant prayer is Great! We should continue to pray constantly, but the Quality of prayer is also very important!
Quantity vs. Quality! Both are needed! I believe that it is very important to pray constantly, but we should also set aside specific times throughout the month to get into some deep prayer! Healing Prayer! Taking an hour once a week to pray for healing of our own hearts and drawing ever closer to Christ will be very beneficial.
My challenge for myself as well as anyone who reads this would be:
1 time a week take 1 hour and pray for healing and God to fill our lives with His unsurpassible joy.
Go ahead, try it! See what happens!
We live in world at war, we need to become true warriors, Prayer Warriors!
David Blissett

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|