04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Swords or Peace?

This past weekend was a struggle to get through as well as Monday, but I have come to the Wonderful realization that, if we are persecuted, that means that we are serving Christ, we are on the battle field and the enemy has engaged us in all out war!
Matthew 10:34-39 To get the total context read all of Chapter 10!
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -- a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."
There is a lot in this passage and the main point is that we need Christ! But, there is more in there. Divisions will be made if we follow Christ, if we pick up our cross on a daily basis and follow Christ!
When darkness sees the light, it hates the light, it cannot stand the light, in fact it down right detests the light! It will do anything it can to put out the light! But we all know who wins don't we, the darkness doesn't stand a chance, Christ has already won the battle, He has already won the war!
When a person is persecuted because of their faith, they must persevere through. Don't give up, recognize the situation for what it truly is, a spiritual attack. We are damaging the enemies and threatening the territory that the enemy holds, and they will not go down without a fight. I have found that the key is changing my strategy, tweeking it just a little bit. This seems to really help get through the fight.
There is great joy in the life that only Christ can give, but that joy doesn't come without a fight. And when you are really living your life for Christ it will show through, people will not see you, rather they will see Christ within you. And when that happens, there are 2 results. 1. You are living the life Christ intended for you and honoring Him through it. And 2. You will, without a doubt be persecuted for it! If you aren't persecuted, you most likely are not letting Christ shine through your life....I'm not saying that you are not saved, just not fully walking the walk so to speak.
So, in closing, Fight the Good Fight! Push through the hard stuff, Climb the Mountain! I will see you on the other side of the battle field and on at the peak of the Mountain.
God Bless!
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|