04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Lighten up and Live!!!

Ken Davis is a comedian/speaker and I heard this story on his radio show this morning!

A husband and wife who were missionaries to Africa for 50 years were finally returning home. The ship that they were returning on also carried Teddy Roosevelt back from one of his Safari's. As the couple were departing the ship, they were delayed by President Roosevelt's exit. After about an hour delay for him and once he was off the ship, they were able to depart and make their way through the crowd that had gathered to see the President.
The husband said to his wife, "We have given our lives in service to God, as well as lost two children to jungle diseases. And there is no one here to welcome us home! I am so angry and disappointed!!" His wife replied to him, "Maybe you should let God know how you feel, tell Him everything."
The couple got to their hotel room and the man's wife feel asleep almost immediately upon lying down on the bed. The next morning she awoke to her husband whistling and smiling! She asked him, "Did you tell God how you were feeling?" He replied with a simple, "Yes, I did." She asked, "Well, what did God say?" The husband said, "Well, I told God everything that I was feeling, anger, disappointment, and frustration that there was no one here to welcome us home. And God told me not to worry, because we are not home yet!"

Isn't this so true of us today? We forget that this is not were we should look for acceptance, for recognition! Our home is Heaven! We are only missionaries here, we are Ambassadors and our citizenship is with God in Heaven!!!

In Christ,

Dave

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Thank you for the reminder! I just posted on my blog that I am an ambassador from one part of Christ's body to the other. The truth is, I will never feel at home in this world. But I go where I am called...

Heaven is my true home.
Halleluyah!
-Diana

Wed May 04, 08:29:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|