04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Hope of Glory

Colossians 1:24-28
Paul's Ministry to the Church
"Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church, of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully know, the mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me."

This is a wonderful passage of Scripture on many levels.
1. Paul is filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions
2. The tiny little phrase of 2 words....in you!
3. This mystery and the glory of God.

These will be the topics of my next 3 posts!

I might not be able to post until Monday....I have a lot of stuff coming up these next few days. If I can, I will start as soon as possible.

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|