04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

In You

Colossians 1:27-29
"To them God chose to make known how great among the Gentiles are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ. For this I toil, struggling with all his energy that he powerfully works within me."

"Which is Christ in you, the hope of glory."

The words "Christ in you" change the religion of Christianity, into something so much more.
There are many people in the world who claim to be "Christian". They go to church, say their prayers before bed, help their neighbors roof their house, they do all sorts of good things.
The writer of Hebrews says in Chapter 6:1 "Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God," Not laying again a foundation of dead works!
All works are dead....without Christ!

Without Christ, we can do nothing, we are nothing! But in Christ, we can do everything!

Paul says in Philippians 3:4-11
"Though I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness, under the law blameless. But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith-- that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead."
and in Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through him (Jesus Christ) who strengthens me."

Without "Christ in you", Christianity would be just like every single religion in the world. That is, works based.
Good works are only a byproduct of "Christ in you". The more we are filled with Christ, the more and more it shows through our everyday actions.
This process is amazing, because we don't loose our identity! We remain who we are! But we become our true selves! Who we were meant to be....In Christ!

This awesome relationship, which words cannot do justice, is what being a Christian is about!
All things I count as rubbish, that I may be found in Christ.

Jesus, where I am great, make me small. Less of me and more of you in me! Let me be a vessel for Your light to shine through to all peoples. Lead and guide my ways that You might be Glorified in all I do.

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|