04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Monday, May 01, 2006

Be Thankful: He guides us through Life

Be Thankful: He guides us through Life

Psalm 23:3
"He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake."

We have already talked about He Leads us! But this is an extension of that thought!

Why does God lead or guide us through Life?

"For his name's sake."!!!!!!!

God leads us, so that His name would be Great...Highly Spoken of!!!!

Remember the Exodus from Egypt?
Exodus 6:7-8
"I will take you to be my people, and I will be your God, and you shall know that I am the LORD your God, who has brought you out from the burdens of the Egyptians. I will bring you into the land that I swore to give Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. I will give it to you for a possession. I am the LORD."

Why did God lead the Israelites out of Egypt and into the Dessert? Why didn't God just give them Egypt? What was with the whole long drawn out thing with the Plagues?

Romans 9:17
"For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, 'For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.'"

God was showing His power...and His name was proclaimed in all the earth.
As the Israelites wandered the Dessert, they met many different people. Also, when they were moving into the Promised Land under Joshua, they met many different people.
Most of the people that the Israelites met, had already heard of what had happened in Egypt!!!
Many made peace with Israel out of fear that what happened to Egypt might happen to them.

It is the same for us!!!
God leads us! Why? That His name might be spread throughout the World. That He might be glorified in and through His people! And that, "every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God." Romans 14:11 "and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:11

You see God is "all about Himself"!!!!
Is this a bad thing?
For us...Yes...
For God...NO!!!!!

God must be, "All about Himself!"
Otherwise He would not be God!!!!
Nothing can be above God. "You shall have no other God's before me."
How can God break His own Commandment?

God leads and guides us through this life so that we might be a "Light" pointing to Him, saying, "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!" Isaiah 6:3

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|