04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Friday, March 18, 2005

Thorns

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
"So to keep me from being too elated by the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that is should leave me. But he said to me,
'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

There are times in our lives where something happens or something goes wrong, our "Thorns", and you just wonder why. You ask God to remove this thing from your life and it seems to get worse. It hurts to go through these things and it seems that God isn't helping any. But what is really going on?
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." We are at our weakest state when we are afflicted by our "thorns." We pray and pray and pray, are we not drawing closer to God? This is what God desires for us to lean fully on His strength! Yes, He loves us, but this "Thorn" is actually helping us to draw nearer to God!
Rather than as for its removal, Thank God for allowing the thorn to be in your life to draw you into a closer relationship. If you are persecuted, insulted, running into hard time, turn you eyes toward heaven let Christ do what he does best, give you strength to get through! We can't live this life on our own, we must learn to lean on Him.
Welcome the "Thorns" with thanks to God! Know that you are going to draw into a closer relationship with Him and Praise His Holy Name! Thank you Jesus!
In Christ,
David

2 Comments:

Blogger Gregory said...

That's one of my absolute fave verses of Scripture (along with Psalm 13).
Praise God that we don't have to live in obedience to faith by ourselves, but that it is Jesus Himself who makes us able, through His Grace!

Fri Mar 18, 11:28:00 AM PST  
Blogger Mark 1:17 said...

Yeah, Psalm 13 is Amazing!
And what makes it better is we have a record of what exactly God did for David...I have been reading through 1 Sam, and I am starting on 2 Sam this coming week. And just seeing all that God did for David and reading this Psalm, all I can say is, God is Good!

Fri Mar 18, 11:44:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|