04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Free in Christ

1 Corinthians 6:12 "'All things are lawful for me,' but not all things are helpful. 'All things are lawful for me,' but I will not be enslaved by anything."
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not you own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
Romans 12:1-2a "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world,"
Ephesians 5:1-2 "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

I don't want to offend anyone, so please don't take this the wrong way!

There once was a man who had 10 slaves. These 10 worked hard for their master, but the master would only expect them to work even harder the next day. He would only grant them to small meals a day and would work them from sun up to sun down. Needless to say, this was not a very nice man to work for.
One day a man came to the master and purchased all 10 slaves. He told them that they were free to go, they were no longer slaves.
5 of the former slaves didn't believe the man and stayed to work for their old master.
3 of the former slaves took off and ran away.
2 of the former slaves stayed with the man who had purchased their freedom.

This is the story of the human race!
The slave master is satan and the sin that we have been born into.
The one who bought us is Jesus Christ!
Most people choose not to believe Christ and stay enslaved to their sins and satan.
Some accept their freedom in Christ, but run away. They have Christ in their lives but don't allow Him to lead them.
The smallest category accept their freedom in Christ, and stay with him. They say to Him, "I am indebted to you for your kindness and love. I will freely stay with you and serve you."
We are not slaves in the sense that we must stay, but we freely stay and serve!

This is our sacrifice, our worship of our Savior, our Living God!
For those of us who choose to stay with Christ, why do we fall back into the sins that were our former masters?

Father, thank you for saving, redeeming, washing, sanctifying, and justifying me. Thank you granting me your righteousness and holiness through Christ! Thank you for making me into the man that you desire me to be, conforming me into the likeness of Christ Jesus. I ask Father, that you would use your rod to protect me from the enemies of my soul and that you would use your staff to guide my ways and keep me on you paths of righteousness. I don't want to walk down the paths that I was on before Lord, I don't even want to look down them. Break me Lord and make me to lie down in your green pastures beside the deep waters, Lord restore my soul! Help me to serve you alone. Help me to be a Living Sacrifice and a fragrant offering pleasing to you. Thank you for your wonderful hounds, goodness and mercy, who are upon me even before me feet can hit the ground in the morning! Thank you for adopting me as a son and bringing me into your house to dwell in heaven with you forever.

In Christ,

David

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Hallelujah! I am a bondslave to Christ for eternity! Sometimes I feel the weight of that decision but I know with all my heart that leaving Him would be foolishness even if the world 'out there' appears to have something better for me. In His mercy Jesus reminds me of His love through His Holy Spirit. And by my own choice I remain in Him.

Thanks for your reply on my blog, David. And thanks especially for your prayers. I long for a community of believers that I can help and rely on. Even just one brother or sister would be an overwhelming blessing. I know that God will provide all that I need. I trust He will tell me what I need and keep away those things that may lure me from His presence. If He doesn't keep them away, I pray that my faith wouldn't falter.

God bless you, D.

*heart*
-D.

p.s. my big bro's name is David. It's a great name.

Fri May 06, 08:19:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|