04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Be Thankful: He stays with us through Scary Times

Be Thankful: He stays with us through Scary Times

Psalm 23:4
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

What is the valley of the shadow of death?
What is it to you?
A loved one battling with a life threatening illness? You battling with an illness?
Maybe someone you know puts their life on the line everyday?
A terrible car accident? Your house getting broken into?

Simply put...it is anything that could cause you to Fear!

Why do we fear?

We fear, because we take our eyes off of Jesus Christ! We forget who we are!

Let's look at an example from Peter:

Matthew 14:28-33
"And Peter answered him, 'Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.' He said, 'Come.' So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus."

Peter is the only one of the Twelve Disciples to even dare to walk to Jesus! He started out strong...

"But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, 'Lord, save me.'"

...but lost focus! He saw the wind...and waves...he took his eyes off of Jesus and started to doubt who Jesus was...

"Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, 'O you of little faith, why did you doubt?' And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, 'Truly you are the Son of God.'"

...but realized he was in trouble and cried out to Jesus, "Lord, save me." And Jesus was right there to take hold of Peter and save him!

Jesus is always there for us...when we loose sight of Him, He is still right by our sides waiting for us to say, "Lord, save me!"

Romans 8:15
"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, 'Abba! Father!'"

2 Timothy 1:7
"for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."

Through Jesus Christ we have the confidence to go through this life without Fear! We see it right in the middle of Psalm 23:4 "for you are with me."

Jesus put it this way in Matthew 28:20
"And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Let us focus our eyes and lives on Jesus Christ! In Him there is no reason to Fear. He is Lord of all! And best of all, we have this promise from Romans 8:28
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."
Even if something seems bad, we know that God is using it for Good, and we can be confident that He has His and our best interests in mind!!!

David wrote this at the very beginning of Psalm 27
Psalm 27:1
" LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"

Never Let Go
Matt and Beth Redman c2005 Thankyou Music
(Matt and Beth wrote this song just after the London Bombings)

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out fear.
And even when I´m caught in the middle of the storms of this life,
I won´t turn back, I know You are near.

And I will fear no evil,
For my God is with me.
And if my God is with me,
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

O no, You never let go,
Through the calm and through the storm
O no, You never let go,
In every high and every low
O no, You never let go -
Lord You never let go of me.

And I can see a light is coming for the heart that holds on -
A glorious light beyond all compare.
And there will be an end to these troubles,
But until that day comes,
We´ll live to know You here on the earth.

(And I will fear no evil)

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on,
And there will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes,
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You.

O no, You never let go,
Through the calm and through the storm
O no, You never let go,
In every high and every low
O no, You never let go -
Lord You never let go of me.

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|