04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Monday, March 21, 2005

What is it all about?

Isaiah 26:8
"Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your truth, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."

This one verse from Isaiah can pretty much sum up what we are here on this earth to do. That is, to give God the Glory for everything!
"Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."
Renown: The quality of being widely honored and acclaimed; fame.
Name: Exodus 3:14 "God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.' This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
This "I AM" is the present tense of the verb 'to be'.
God calls Himself 'I AM', in the past, present and future, He is 'I AM'!
John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"
Jesus is stating that He is "I AM".

Revelation 22:1-16
The Chapter talks about seeing Jesus at the end. Jesus is coming back and vs 4 "They will see his face and his name will be on their foreheads."

We are here to Glorify God, to Praise His Holy Name, He is seated upon the Thrown and will come again in Power. Our lives are all about Jesus. Whether we choose to accept it or not,
It is all about Jesus!

David

1 Comments:

Blogger Gregory said...

Great post! Reminds me of my favourite quotation, from St. Augustine's Confessions:
"You have made us for Yourself, and our hearts are restless until they find their rest in You."

That truly is what it's all about.
God bless

Mon Mar 21, 07:44:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|