04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Monday, May 09, 2005

Jesus, More than just a Great Teacher!

Hebrews 1
The Supremacy of God's Son
"Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs. For to which of the angels did God ever say, 'You are my Son, today I have begotten you'? Or again, 'I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a Son'? And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, 'Let all God's angels worship him.' Of the angels he says, 'He makes his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire.' But of the Son he says, 'Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.' And, 'You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands; they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment, like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.' And to which of the angels has he ever said, 'Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet'? Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?"

This is a great description of who Jesus really is!
1. The radiance of the glory of God
2. The exact imprint of his nature
3. He upholds the universe with the word of his power
4. Sitting at the right hand of the Majesty
5. Much superior to angels and his name is more excellent
6. God's son, the only begotten
7. His throne is forever
8. He has the scepter of uprightness
9. He loves righteousness and hates wickedness
10. Anointed by God
11. He laid the foundations from the beginning
12. The heavens are the works of his hands

He is not just a great teacher, but wait, there is more!!!

Who is the only one who can control the weather?
Well that's a very easy question, it's God!!

I would agree,
Matthew 8:23-27
Jesus Calms a Storm
"And when he got into the boat, his disciples followed him. And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being swamped by the waves; but he was asleep. And they went and woke him, saying, 'Save us, Lord; we are perishing.' And he said to them, 'Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?' Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. And the men marveled, saying, 'What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?'"

Matthew 14:22-33
Jesus Walks on the Water
"Immediately he made the disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds. And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, but the boat by this time was a long way from the land, beaten by the waves, for the wind was against them. And in the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. But when the disciples say him walking on the sea, they were terrified, and said, 'It is a ghost!' and they cried out in fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.' And Peter answered him, 'Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.' He said, 'Come.' So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, 'Lord, save me.' Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, 'O you of little faith, why did you doubt?' And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, 'Truly you are the Son of God.'"

We see here that Jesus controlled the winds and the waves 2 times as well as walking on the water and helping Peter to walk on the water through faith!

But wait, there is still more.....(I feel kind of like an infomercial...but in a good way!)

What about all the Healings and miracles that Jesus performed?
Matthew 8,9,12,14,15,17,20,21,28
Mark 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,16
Luke 4,5,6,7,8,9,11,14,17,18,22,24

The Book of John I am not listing because this is the final bit!

Tucked in the 8th Chapter is Gold!!!

John 8:48-59
"The Jews answered him, 'Are we not right in saying that you are a Samaritan and have a demon?' Jesus answered, 'I do not have a demon, but I honor my Father, and you dishonor me. Yet I do not seek my own glory; there is One who seeks it, and he is the judge. Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps my word, he will never see death.' The Jews said to him, 'Now we know that you have a demon! Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, 'If anyone keeps my word, he will never taste death.' Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? And the prophets died! Who do you make yourself out to be? Jesus answered, 'If I glorify myself, my glory is nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, "He is our God." But you have not known him. I know him. If I were to say that I do not know him, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and I keep his word. Your father Abraham rejoiced that he would see my day. He saw it and was glad.' So the Jews said to him, 'You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?' Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.' So they picked up stones to throw at him, but Jesus hid himself and went out of the temple."

The only other time the phrase "I am" is ever used in the Bible is this:

Exodus 3:13-15
"Then Moses said to God, 'If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, "The God of your fathers has sent me to you," and they ask me, "What is his name?" what shall I say to them?' God said to Moses, 'I AM WHO I AM.' And he said, 'Say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.' God also said to Moses, 'Say this to the people of Israel, "The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you." This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations."

Gods name is I AM!!! Jesus is the Great I AM!!!

Bonus......Prophecies!!!

There are Hundreds of Prophecies foretelling who the Messiah/Christ would be. Here are 10 of them and where they are found in the Bible.
1. Born in Bethlehem: Micah 5:2 fulfilled in Matthew 2:1
2. Preceded by a messenger: Isaiah 40:3 fulfilled in Matthew 3:1-2
3. Enter Jerusalem on a colt: Zechariah 9:9 fulfilled in Luke 19:35
4. Be Betrayed by a friend: Psalm 41:9 fulfilled in Matthew 26:47-50
5. Have his hands and feet pierced Psalm 22:16 fulfilled in Luke 23:33 (Psalm 22 is the whole crucifixion)
6. Be wounded and whipped by his enemies: Isaiah 53:5 fulfilled in Matthew 27:26
7. Be sold for thirty pieces of silver: Zechariah 11:12 fulfilled in Matthew 26:15
8. Be spit upon and beaten: Isaiah 50:6 fulfilled in Matthew 26:67
9. The betrayal money thrown in the temple and used for a potters field: Zechariah 11:13 fulfilled in Matthew 27:5-7
10. Cast lots for the Messiah's clothing: Psalm 22:18 fulfilled in Matthew 27:35

The chance of just one person fulfilling just these 10 prophecies in 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000!!!!!!
I can't even count that high! And this is just 10 prophecies, and there are hundreds more!

Jesus is the Messiah/Christ!!! He is God by His very nature!!!

'I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: 'I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God.' That is one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of thing Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic—on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg—or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.' C.S. Lewis

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|