04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Be Thankful: Goodness and Mercy follow me

Be Thankful: He pursues us with Goodness and Mercy

Psalm 23:6
“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.”

“Surely” can also be translated as “Only!”

“Only goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life!”

I have heard Goodness and Mercy referred to as, “The Hounds of Heaven”.

One morning at camp I decided to get up early and spend some time with the Lord. I got back to the cabin after the breakfast bell had rung and I was rushing so that I could get to breakfast before it was done. I was in the process of making my bed when I heard someone yelling from across the room, “No, no, get off. Down boy, down!” Now the yelling wasn’t the scary kind of yelling, this was filled with laughter and delight. I asked, “What is it? Is something wrong? Can I help?” He said, “No, nothing is wrong. It is just these hound dogs; every morning when I wake up they are always here to great me hello and good morning by jumping on me and licking me!” I was a little confused, “I don’t see any dogs?” “You don’t? They are right here! This one is Goodness and here is Mercy! My Father gave them to me when I was very young and they have followed me ever since, never leaving my side!” Still confused but now intrigued, “I don’t understand?”

He then proceeded to tell me about Psalm 23:6. How God continually pursues us with His Goodness and Mercy. Sometimes we forget that they are there and sometimes we just try to ignore them! But just like mans best friend they are new and fresh and ready to great us every morning by jumping on us and licking us! They will always be by our side ready to give us comfort and show us love!

Goodness:
In man is not a mere passive quality, but the deliberate preference of right towrong, the firm and persistent resistance of all moral evil, and the choosingand following of all moral good.
In God it is Perfect! There is no conflict between right and wrong, good and evil. It is a Perfect steadfast Love!

Psalm 31:19
“Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind!”

Psalm 65:4
“Blessed is the one you choose and bring near, to dwell in your courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house, the holiness of your temple!”

Mercy:
For man, leniency and compassion shown toward offenders by a person or agency charged with administering justice, a disposition to be kind and forgiving, or the feeling that motivates compassion.
For God, by the atoning sacrifice of Christ a way is open for the exercise of mercy towards the sons of men, in harmony with the demands of truth and righteousness (Gen. 19:19; Ex. 20:6; 34:6, 7; Ps. 85:10; 86:15, 16). In Christ mercy and truth meet together. Mercy is also a Christian grace (Matt. 5:7; 18:33-35).

Psalm 25:6
“Remember your mercy, O LORD, and your steadfast love, for they have been from of old.”

Psalm 119:77
“Let your mercy come to me, that I may live; for your law is my delight.”

Ephesians 2:4
“But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,”

Take a moment to think about Gods Goodness and Mercy. How have you experienced it in your life? How does it keep coming back in new and fresh ways? Pray to God and ask that He would allow you to see His Goodness and Mercy each day, fresh and new! Thank Him that He continually pursues us!

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|