04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Be Thankful: He protects us from Danger

Be Thankful: He protects us from Danger

Psalm 23:4
"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me."

How would a rod and staff bring me comfort?

Have you ever picked up a stick infront of a dog, and had the dog back away from you?
Why would the dog back away? It must be scared of something...it wasn't you, it was the stick in your hand.
If a dog would be scared of the stick, why would God's rod and staff bring us comfort?

What did the Shepherd us his rod and staff for?
1. He uses it to fend off wild animals that would attack the flock
2. He uses the curved part at the top to pull us back when we start to wonder
3. Yes He has used it to break my legs (vs. 2), but that was for my own good

His rod and staff are a visible sign of protection!

Psalm 5:11
"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you."

Psalm 20:1
"May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob protect you!"

Psalm 91:14
"Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name."

John 10:14-15
"I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep."

If we take refuge in God, we can rejoice because He spreads His protection over us! Even His name will protect us!!! He protects those who know His name, Do you know His name?

Do you want to know His name?

John 1:1-5
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

John 8:12
"Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'"

John 14:6
"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

His name is Jesus, He is the Good Shepherd, the one who can protect us from all evil!

This is a promise for you, if you believe in Jesus Christ:
Romans 8:31-39
God's Everlasting Love
"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died--more than that, who was raised--who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, 'For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.' No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 10:13
"For 'everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'"

Romans 10:9-10
"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved."

Just like Peter in the last post, we must cry out: "LORD, save me!" When we do this we fall into the loving arms of the One and Only Living God our "Abba" (daddy)! And He will protect us from everything!

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|