04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Created for Him...A Worshiper!

Colossians 1:15-20
The Preeminence of Christ
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross."

Jesus of Nazareth "is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation."

Romans 11:36
"For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen."

1 Corinthians 8:6
"yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist."

John 1:1-5
The Word Became Flesh
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

Everything that is, has come through Him. Everything was created for Him, and by Him!

So, We are created by and for Jesus. Why? What is the purpose that we serve?

Worship is the answer. We were created for a life of worship!
We all worship something...all of the time!
All of our day-to-day decisions are based off of what we regard as the MVP of our lives.
Most valuable possession, Person, Practice, or Pine (Wants)!
There is an easy way to find out what our MVP is....
1. Where does your money go?
2. Where does your time get spent?
3. What can't you live without? Or so you may think?
4. Who or what consumes your thoughts?

We all worship something.....and we are good at it! Because that is what we are created to do!

Romans 12:1
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship."

In his book "The Air I Breathe" Louie Giglio gives worship this definition. P.10
"The simplest definition I can give is this: Worship is our response to what we value most."
"Worship, in essence, is declaring what we value most. As a result, worship fuels our actions, becoming the driving force of all we do."

Is God #1 in your life?

I must confess that for me, most of the day, He is not. I make it a point to give Him the best 10% of my day. But, most of the time, the rest of the day, He takes 2nd place to other issues. I put myself and my desires first, I retake the throne of my life. He drives the overall effect of my life, but the small details, I keep those for myself and make the decisions, when truly they are rightfully His to make. There is so much room for improvement on this front of my life.

Jesus, help me to willingly relinquish the throne of my life to You! It is Your rightful place. Create in me a new heart O God, that I may ever and only worship you! Give You the Glory! Yes, Lord, walking in the way of Your Truth, we wait eagerly for You, for Your name and Your renown are the desire of my soul. He me to bring everything before You. In Your Precious and Holy name. Amen.

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|