04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Monday, June 20, 2005

God Is Good

Isaiah 25:1
"O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you; I will praise your name, for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure."

As we live our lives, do we truly believe that God is Good? "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Or do we complain about even the smallest of things?

He is an excerpt from "The Way I Was Made" by Chris Tomlin p.141-142
Roger sings it loudest
"I wish you could meet Roger. He's a guy who goes to our church. If you visited, right away you'd hear him singing from wherever you were in the auditorium. Roger sings LOUD. Let me explain.
Roger is bright, funny, and loves God. Roger also suffers from severe cerebral palsy, so he's trapped in a body that doesn't really work. It takes him a while just to get out a few words (which doesn't keep him from trying). During worship he can't sing at the same pace as everyone else. And what he sings doesn't sound like everyone else either.
Not to worry, Roger sings as best he can (and did I say loud?). You should hear it--the sound of Roger praising God. Every Sunday, Roger teaches the rest of us at Austin Stone Community Church what it means to worship.
You and I can't comprehend Roger's day-to-day struggles. He can't take care of himself. He can't even push his own wheelchair. For every necessity--eating, bathing, dressing, getting in and out of bed--he depends on caregivers.
Not long ago, some the guys got together with Roger to produce his testimony on video. They went to his house, recorded him, then headed for the editing studio, and--Roger loves this part of the story--through the magic of technology, Roger's testimony came out pretty smooth.
Here's the last line from what he told us: "I don't know why God made me this way. I'll never know why. But I know that He is good."

"The quote shouldn't be: 'Life is good.' Rather, 'Life is Hard, but God is Good.'" Pastor Brian Berg

Psalms 145:17 "The LORD is righteous in all his ways and kind in all his works."

Psalms 119:68 + 90 "You are good and do good; teach me your statutes." "Your faithfulness endures to all generations;"

Psalms 5:12 "For you bless the righteous, O LORD; you cover him with favor as with a shield."

Psalms 8
How Majestic Is Your Name
To the choirmaster: according to The Gittith. A Psalm of David.
"O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. Out of the mouth of babes and infants, you have established strength because of your foes, to still the enemy and the avenger. When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet, all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field, the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the seas. O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!

Psalms 139
Search Me, O God, and Know My Heart
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.
"O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night," even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you. Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God! O men of blood, depart from me! They speak against you with malicious intent; your enemies take your name in vain! Do I not hate those who hate you, O LORD? And do I not loathe those who rise up against you? I hate them with complete hatred; I count them my enemies. Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!

God is most definitely Good. And is deserving of our Praise!
He knows the plans that He has for us and they are Good.
We may not understand why we are the way we are, or why things happen the way that they do, but God does, and they are all apart of His Great Plan for each and every one of our lives.
Do you trust Him? Trust that He is looking out for you? For your best? In this life and the next?

Father God, "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands." Psalms 138:8 Make me and mould me. Shape me into the man You have envisioned me to be from before time. Jesus guide my path and help me to do Your will the rest of my life. Conform the will of my heart to Yours and help me to seek Your Kingdom first, in all that I do. Amen.

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|