04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

How do we do what we do?

"God and anybody else is an overwhelmingly powerful team." -Louie Giglio

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."

Luke 1:37 "For nothing will be impossible with God."

John 5:19 "So Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.'"

John 5:30 "'I can do nothing on my own. As I hear, I judge, and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.'"

John 8:28 "So Jesus said to them, 'When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me.'"

John 15:5 "'I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.'"

1 Corinthians2:1-2 "And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified."

Jesus, being fully God and fully Man, was dependent upon the Father. Jesus did only what was the will of the Father. If Jesus, being fully God did this, how much more must we?

The only way that we can do what we do, is by pressing into Jesus! Depending upon Him for our everything! Our livelihood, our shelter, our clothing, our next meal...ect.

I sit here in North Central Wisconsin, not knowing what it truly means to not know where my next meal will come from. Not ever worrying about will I have enough cloths or a place to stay. But, I do take a lot of it for granted, most of the time. When truly it is a Gift from God. A Blessing that He has poured down upon me.

I need to thank God for these blessings, but also be weary, for they can be a trap and a snare. God has blessed me with them, but I must not put my hope, my trust in these things. I must remain ever focused upon Christ and His mission, and use what He has given me to further His kingdom.

Father, thank you for all that you have blessed me with! Help me to continually thank you for each and every blessing. Help me to keep you as the center of my life, keeping You on the thrown of my life, Your rightful place. Help me to use the blessings that you have given me to do the Your will in my life. It is all Yours! In Jesus name, Amen.

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|