04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Pride

What is that old saying about pride?
Oh yeah, Pride comes before a fall!

I also like this little quote,
"Pride is simply an admission that I haven't seen GOD at all." Louie Giglio

Isn't that so true? Think about the last time you got so full of pride.....where was God?

I can get very prideful when I don't have my time alone with God (my quiet times), also I can get prideful when I have taken control of my life and push God off of the throne of my life. I have forgotten God, I haven't seen God.

Humility helps to put God back on the throne, giving Him His rightful place in our lives. When we are humble, we reflect all the Glory back to God. When we are prideful we accept that Glory as if it were our own.
Humility is a place to start once again seeing God!

"But to die to self is to gain on an unfathomable scale--a daily funeral that is nothing more than the doorway to a life filled with the Matchless Wonder of all that HE IS." Louie Giglio

Humility is the start of this dying to self, the beginning of Giving God all the Glory!

In Christ,

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|