04. Search Me
05. Above All Else
06. Majesty And Mystery (Awesome God)
08. There's No One Like Our God
09. Captivated
11. Turn Your Eyes

For more about Vicky Beeching click on her name in on the links list or check out www.vickybeeching.com

Thursday, May 18, 2006

New Series focused on Humility

I will be beginning a new series with a heavy focus on Humility.

Topics that will be covered are:
1. Part 1: What Sets God Apart: The incommunicable Attributes of God: Infinite, Omnipresent, ect...

2. Part 2: Reasons to be Humble: The Doctrines of Grace: Grace, Election, Calling, Justification, and Perseverance

3. Part 3: 1 More Reason to be Humble: The Doctrine of Sin

There might be times with significant time between posts: I ask that you would continue to check back, as I do the research on these topics I want to be as complete as I can. I am not going to post on a topic everyday...However I will do my best! I do however want to make sure that I post Biblically and with as much Data as I can find all within a reasonable amount of time.
As of right now it is my goal to post 2-3 times for the next couple of weeks.

In the last post, this verse was used...
In the past I have witnessed many people interpret this as meaning that we must earn our salvation. This could not be farther from the truth, God does the work! It is all by His grace that we are conformed into the image of His Son Jesus Christ!

Philippians 2:12-13
"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, so now, not only as in my presence but much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure."

This "fear and trembling" embraces the godly attitude of humility; it includes the fear of grieving and offending our holy gracious Father, and the awareness of our ultimate accountability to Him. It is our deliberate pursuit of obedience and growth in godliness and is an expression of humble dependence upon God.
We are completely dependent upon God for anything and everything in our lives! The reason you are reading this (your eyes are working), the reason I am typing this (my hands are working), the reason we are alive (our hearts are pumping blood, our lungs are breathing), it is all because of the Wonderful Wonder of God's Amazing Grace!

Thank You Lord that you Love us so much! That you sustain our lives and give us breath to breath. But most of all Lord, Thank You for sending your only Son Jesus Christ to suffer your wrath that should have been poured out upon us, thank you that we can look forward to the resurrection and the removal of the curse and sin. Lord, Let Your Kingdom Come!
In Jesus Holy and precious name, Amen.

In Christ,

David

1 Comments:

Blogger risen_soul said...

What's up brother? Long time no chat. You doing good?

This should be a good series. Doctrines of grace, huh? Are you a 5 pointer? I can't jump on board with limited atonement. Irresistable grace I'm 50/50 with. Otherwise I'm right there with Totsl Depravity, Unconditional Election and Perseverance of the Saints.

Later bro!

Tue May 23, 01:55:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|